One of the best ways you can support TouchArcade is by doing your Amazon shopping through a TouchArcade affiliate link. We’ve set up the easy to remember toucharcade.com/amazon too if you want to type that in or bookmark it. We get a small percentage of anything you buy through any of these links, which otherwise would just go to financing Jeff Bezos’s experimental pizza bagel flavors or whatever else he’s up to now, and it goes a long way to supporting the site at no additional cost to you. These Amazon Items of the Day articles are all products we have used ourselves, and feel are things that the TouchArcade audience might be interested in!
Our favorite Micro SD card for the Nintendo Switch is once again on sale on Amazon. We’re huge fans of the Sandisk Ultra 200GB Micro SDXC UHS-I Card as it has transfer speeds of up to 100MB/s which is more than fast enough for anything you’d ever want to do with the Switch, and being a Sandisk card it’s backed by a real brand name folks respect with a 10 year warranty if anything ever goes bad. And really, after 10 years, we’ll probably have way crazier forms of storage.
The Sandisk Ultra 200GB Micro SDXC UHS-I Card is what I use in my Switch, as I think it’s the best bang for the buck as far as the capacity to cost ratio right now at $49.50 (as of this writing). You can size down to the 128GB card for $29.50, or up to a 256GB card for $71.50. Both of those are good prices too, so it basically comes down to how much eShop games you plan on buying.
I can barely keep up with the pace of great downloadable eShop titles that get released, and to avoid needing to juggle archiving games and only keeping a limited amount of games on your internal system memory, a bigger micro SD card is a great purchase for the Switch. It’s hard to really write too much more about this card as it does exactly what it’s advertised to do: Hold games, read/write fast, and be reliable.
Thanks for checking out today’s Amazon Item of the Day, and as mentioned before, even if you’re not interested in this particular product, buying things from Amazon by first visiting toucharcade.com/amazon is immensely helpful in supporting the site at no additional cost to you. Additionally, if you’re ever thinking of signing up for any Amazon services, we’d really appreciate if if you’d do it through these links:
- Amazon Prime Free Trial – Free shipping, Amazon Prime video, Kindle books, Twitch goodies, and a bunch of other stuff bundled into one subscription.
- Amazon Prime Student 6-month Trial – A slightly different flavor of Amazon Prime, exclusive to students that costs half as much.
- AmazonFresh Free Trial – Amazon’s grocery delivery service.
- Amazon Home Services – Amazon vetted handymen, house cleaning, and similar.
- Amazon Music Unlimited Free Trial – Amazon’s answe to Spotify, Apple Music, and other similar services.
- Try Audible and Get Two Free Audiobooks – If you’re even remotely interested in audiobooks, Audible is the best.
- Join Amazon’s Kindle Unlimited – Basically the text equivalent of an Audible membership.
- Download the free Kindle app – The best ebook platform, largely because unlike iBooks, your library is totally cross platform.
- Shop Amazon Cell Phones – Wireless phones and service plans without the hassle of dealing with going to a store.
If you want to take things a step further, you can check out our Patreon, but either way we just appreciate you sticking with us and continuing to both visit and contribute to the TouchArcade community over the years! If you’ve got a product you’re interested in seeing featured in an Amazon Item of the Day, don’t hesitate to reach out. The best way to get in contact with us is via email at [email protected] and be sure to include “Amazon Item of the Day” in the subject.